Author Topic: teaching anatomy to my blind daughter  (Read 6338 times)

petpeeve12

teaching anatomy to my blind daughter
« on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 12:57:46 PM »
Hi. I want to talk with my 14 year-old daughter about female reproductive anatomy. She’s blind, so what’s a good way to describe the parts. Thanks!

sylt062408

Re: teaching anatomy to my blind daughter
« Reply #1 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 01:12:00 PM »
Here’s a good place to start – it worked for me and my daughter. Collect the following items: two unshelled almonds, two shoe laces (3-4 inches long), a pear (plastic or real), and a 3-5 inch piece of bicycle inner tube (from a bike with thin tires). Now you’ve got two ovaries, two fallopian tubes, a uterus (make sure the pear is upside down), and a vagina, respectively. All just about the right size! The inner tube should stretch nicely over the narrow end of the pear. Let your daughter feel the individual parts before assembling them on a table.

Hey, while you’re at it, show her what a boy’s got. You’ll need a little pouch with draw strings (scrotum), two small balls (around the size of olives) to go inside the pouch (testicles), and two long shoelaces (18-24” long) to come out of the pouch (the vas deferens). The laces loop around and end at a walnut (prostate). Meeting the strings as they “enter” the prostate are two unshelled peanuts about an inch long (the seminal vesicles). Coming out the bottom of the walnut is another shoelace around 8 inches long (the urethra). Actually this shoelace will only need to be 2-3 inches long if it ends at the banana (penis)!
« Last Edit: Sunday, July 09, 2017, 12:13:46 AM by admin »

AugME329

« Reply #2 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 01:32:24 PM »
LOL, sylt062408, but very clever.

MissUEternally

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 08:25:01 PM »
Oh my god !!! You open my eye to new world. Long time ago I look like the blind.

manstoryjob

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, November 12, 2014, 08:07:09 PM »
It is useful to many readers like me. And it is good, it is very useful.

NineYearsNineMin

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, November 23, 2014, 07:40:44 PM »
This web explain everything. when I don't know. I will come to see your answer.